4 Reasons Why Your Beard Smells Bad & How You Can Fix It
Many men spend a lot of time taking care of their beards and maintaining their striking look. Daily trimming and styling can take up a lot of their time so that they can go out and be proud of their facial hair. However, their efforts into their beard’s appearance will just go to waste if it emanates an unattractive odor. But why do beards smell bad, in the first place?
No matter how neat your beard looks, everything will be a mess if it smells terrible. The foul odor of facial hair typically occurs during summers when the skin gets sweaty. The sweat that comes from your glands releases the unwanted fragrance, which could be one of the reasons for a musty beard.
Read on to know more about why your beard smells bad and learn how to get rid of these unwanted smells.
Why Does Your Beard Smell?
There are several reasons why your beard smells:
- Bacteria. One of the common reasons your facial hair probably smells is the bacteria it accumulates. The bacteria can get stuck in your hair and skin, which then multiplies. As a result, your skin will end up sweating even more and producing unpleasant odors.
- Environment. If you live in a city where there is a ton of smoke and pollution, there is a greater chance you will experience a bad smell in your beard. This is because of the bacteria in the air that may get stuck in your facial hair.
- Food. Sometimes men are careless when eating their snacks. As a result, tiny food particles can get stuck in their beard. Eventually, these particles will produce a rotten smell if they are not cleaned out.
- Sebum. Sebum is a substance that your sebaceous gland produces to condition your hair and to keep it from becoming too dry. However, if you do not clean your beard regularly, there will be too much sebum which will cause bacteria to build up, producing a foul smell.
How Can You Prevent A Foul-Smelling Beard?
Here are two ways to keep your beard looking, feeling, and smelling clean and fresh day in and day out:
- Clean Your Beard Every Day. Just like you need to take a bath daily, your beard needs a cleaning every single day, too. Daily cleaning makes your facial hair smell pleasant. That is why cleaning it with beard shampoos would be very helpful to avoid smelling. Look for the best beard products in the market to achieve better results.
- Use Beard Oil. Another product that will help get rid of all unwanted smells is beard oil for men. Make sure to choose a beard oil with little to no fragrance, as your olfactory glands may become irritated with such strong smells so close to your nose.
Foul beard odor may be caused by sweat, food, and an overabundance of oil on your skin. Fortunately, problems with your beard odor are nothing serious as long as you know how to deal with them. Your main priority should be keeping your facial hair and skin as clean as possible.
Use the best beard care products to have a beard that looks, feels, and smells wonderful. Try out the best smelling beard oil from Sphinx Beard. Our collections are made from high-quality ingredients like Moroccan Argan oil, Indian olive oil, and Egyptian jojoba oil. See the difference and shop with us today!