3 Notable Benefits of Using Jojoba Oil for Beard Care

  • By - Sphinx Beard

Until recently, people had no idea what they were putting in their hair and beard. As people became more and more aware, essential oils and other all-natural ingredients quickly grew in popularity. One of the best examples of this is jojoba oil. 

Many of you may not know this but jojoba oil is one of the best oils to use for your beard. Now, you may still be a little hesitant about this as most of you may know close to nothing about jojoba oil. To help you out, we thought it would be useful to put together a brief discussion on why you should incorporate jojoba oil into your beard care routines. If this is something that you want to learn more about, read on for three notable benefits of using jojoba oil.

It Moisturizes Your Beard

Some men like to use moisturizers to keep their beards looking healthy and shiny. The moisturizer sits on the surface of the hair and seeps into the skin to keep it moist and soft. Jojoba oil acts in the same way with a few added benefits. Jojoba oil because it penetrates deep into the hair follicles and prevents acne. How does it do this? Well, high-quality jojoba oil is made up of 3% natural alcohol and acids with the remaining 97% being monounsaturated fats.

If you want to reap the benefits jojoba oils have to offer, you can either use it after washing your beard or before washing. If you use it after you wash your beard, it will keep your skin moisturized after washing, leaving your skin slick to prevent beard dandruff. If you use jojoba oil before you wash your beard, it adds a protective sheen to your hair to prevent sulfates from stripping it away.

It Helps Maintain the Natural Balance of Hair and Skin

Studies have shown that jojoba oil has properties that are strikingly similar to sebum. Sebum is the natural oil that your skin produces. Sebum feeds hair and helps keep it healthy. When you wash your hair, you strip away the natural sebum, leaving your beard dry. Jojoba oil can help to replace these natural oils and keep your hair healthy and shiny. As it acts similarly to sebum, jojoba oil can help regulate how much natural oil your face produces. This helps to reduce the likelihood of your producing too much oil, leaving your beard lank and greasy.

It Thickens Your Beard

Lastly, you’ll be glad to know that jojoba oil encourages beard growth. This is because jojoba oil is packed with nutrients that promote continued beard growth. Jojoba oil contains nutrients such as zinc, vitamin B, and vitamin E.


Hopefully, this article proves to be useful when it comes to helping you realize how helpful jojoba oil can be. As you can see, the benefits of jojoba oil extend far beyond basic grooming as well. Jojoba oil may not be the one-size-fits-all solution for all your beard woes, but it's the closest thing you’ve got. If you do decide to start using jojoba oil, be sure to secure it from a reliable and trustworthy source to ensure the best results.

If you’re looking for products that will help improve your beard, then you’ve come to the right place. Sphinx Beard is your go-to source when it comes to men’s beard care. Whether it be beard oil or beard balms, we’ve got everything you will ever need to grow a healthy beard. Our beard care products are made from the highest quality ingredients designed to nourish a man’s skin and facial hair. Visit our store page and get your own set of top-shelf beard care products. 

Worldwide Shipping

We ship our beard products anywhere in the world

Premium Products

Premium ingredients in all our Sphinx Beard products

Made In USA

All Sphinx Beard products are proudly made in the USA

100% Satisfaction

Join 1000's of Sphinx Beard's happy loyal customers