How to Grow a Beard Fast (And How Does the Process Go)
Although the phrase "beard" may conjure up images of bike riders and lumberjacks, the term's true definition is "hair growth on the face, typically on the chin, cheeks, and upper lip."
"Beard" and "mustache" are not the same terms. The mustache is the hair growth that protrudes from the upper lip, and the beard is the hair that grows from the neck or jawline.
Although many men like to grow a full beard, preferring a different style or leaving only a mustache is not uncommon. Whatever your reasons for growing facial hair, it can be intimidating to consider the length of time it takes to grow a beard and the overall appearance throughout the growth process.
How Fast Does Facial Hair Grow?
Several factors will dictate how fast your beard will grow, including:
- Age: Older men grow facial hair more slowly, but don't worry; you will still grow facial hair even if you are older!
- Genetics: Some people have higher levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It is a hormone that is linked to faster beard growth.
- The Thickness of Your Beard: Whiskers that are thinner are easier to grow and will grow faster.
- Density: The overall thickness of the hair will determine how long it will take to grow a beard. If you have dense hair, it will be more challenging to grow a beard and take a long time.
- How Often You Shave: If you shave every day, your beard will not grow as fast as a man letting his facial hair grow naturally.
- Your Diet: A diet high in protein, zinc, and iron will help your beard grow faster.
- Vitamin B: Some men find that taking a Vitamin B Supplement speeds up their beard growth.
The Growth Phases of Facial Hair
The Anagen Phase
The anagen phase is the start of facial hair growth, and it lasts for an average of around seven years or longer. The hair will grow about 1 cm every 28 days during this growth phase. The hairs will keep growing until they’re cut, shaved, or fall off.
The Catagen Phase
After the anagen phase is completed, the hair will enter the transition or catagen phase, wherein it will slow its growth. This phase lasts around 10 days.
The Telogen Phase
The telogen phase is when the hair finally matures and stops growing. It lasts around three months.
The Exogen Phase
During this phase, the hair will fall out naturally, and the cycle begins anew as your follicles grow new facial hair.
How Do You Grow a Beard Faster?
The easiest way to grow a beard faster is to take advantage of the hormones in your body. At the end of puberty, your body begins to produce more testosterone, affecting the hair follicles. Testosterone will speed up the growth of facial hair and should positively impact your beard growth.
The best way to take advantage of male hormones is to get in shape and eat healthy foods. The healthier you are, the healthier your beard will be.
If you are not willing to wait 7-10 years for a beard to grow, you still have some options that can help speed up the process.
The answer to the question, "How long does it take to grow a beard?" really depends on you, but there are some simple steps that you can take to help speed up your facial hair growth. By focusing on your diet and workout routine, you can get the maximum testosterone in your bloodstream, allowing your facial hair to grow faster.
For the quickest results, you can take supplements to boost your testosterone and increase the size of your beard.
If you don’t want to wait 7-10 years for your beard to grow, you can make changes to your diet and workout routine that will help speed up the process. If you are looking for sphinx beard oil or the best beard products, using the highest quality ingredients like Egyptian Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil from Morocco, and Indian Castor Oil can also make a big difference. Get one now!